If you are looking to switch to BSNL from Airtel, Jio, or Vi, you can easily do so by availing the Mobile Number Portability (MNP) facility. This allows you to port your existing number to BSNL without any hassle. In this article, we will discuss the benefits of choosing BSNL plans, as well as the process of porting your mobile number to BSNL.
Why Port Your Mobile Number to BSNL?
BSNL offers the cheapest and most reasonable prepaid and postpaid plans in India compared to private telecom players like Airtel, Jio, and Vi. Their postpaid plans start as low as Rs 199, while prepaid plans with data and unlimited calling start from Rs 147. BSNL also provides value-added services such as national and international roaming, SMS packs, and competitive rates for 3G services. These factors make BSNL an attractive option for budget-friendly mobile users.
Another advantage of choosing BSNL is that the network is preparing to launch pan India 4G services around Independence Day 2022. This means that BSNL users will soon be able to enjoy faster internet speeds and improved connectivity.
How to Port to BSNL from Airtel, Jio, and Vi
To port your mobile number to BSNL, follow these steps:
1. Obtain a Unique Porting Code (UPC)
– From the number you wish to port, send an SMS in the format “Port 10-digit mobile number” to 1900.
– If you are a J&K prepaid mobile user, dial 1900 instead of sending an SMS.
– You will receive an SMS containing your UPC and expiry date. The code is valid for 15 days from the date of the MNP request.
2. Visit a BSNL Customer Service Centre (CSC)
– Go to your nearest BSNL CSC, retailer, or authorized franchisee.
– Fill out a Customer Application Form (CAF) to initiate the MNP process.
– Carry a valid identity and address proof.
3. Complete Digital KYC and Get a New SIM Card
– Once your digital KYC is done, a new BSNL SIM card will be issued to you.
– You will be notified of the porting date and time upon MNP request approval.
4. Change Your SIM Card
– Replace your existing SIM card with the new BSNL SIM card at the designated time.
– If you encounter any issues, you can contact BSNL’s toll-free number 1800-180-1503 for assistance.
1. What are the charges for porting my number to BSNL?
– Currently, BSNL does not charge any processing fee for the MNP facility.
2. How long does it take to port an existing number to BSNL?
– Once your MNP request is approved, it takes a minimum of 3 days and a maximum of 5 days for SIM activation.
– Port-in requests from J&K, Assam, and North East licensed areas may take up to 15 working days for processing.
3. How can I track the status of my BSNL MNP request?
– You can contact a customer care executive on BSNL’s toll-free number 1800-180-1503 or visit your nearest BSNL CSC, retailer, or authorized franchisee in the same telecom circle for an update on the status of your MNP request.
4. Is there any eligibility criteria for porting a mobile number?
– Yes, there are a few prerequisites for placing an MNP request:
– A period of 90 days must be completed with your current operator.
– There should be no outstanding dues with your existing telecom operator.
– There should be no pending request for a change of ownership of the mobile number.
– The mobile number should not be sub-judice (related to any pending court case).
– There should be no contractual obligations as per the subscriber agreement.
In conclusion, if you are considering switching to BSNL from Airtel, Jio, or Vi, you can easily do so through the Mobile Number Portability (MNP) facility. BSNL offers affordable plans and value-added services, making it an attractive option for budget-conscious mobile users. By following the steps mentioned above, you can successfully port your mobile number to BSNL and enjoy their services.